Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 3- Mercedes Benz Fashion Week!!

Its really nice to be able to slow down this morning, being that we really had a late night trying to pull and edit photos for Lapazimageing Fashion Forward!  We sometimes don’t always agree on photos or wording but, after a great debate on who is right whose wrong all things come together in the end!  With this being stated I’m up and getting myself together for another exciting day of great runway shows and amazing Designers!!  This is what our schedule looks like for us today:

11:00am- Richard Chai (first time attending)

2:00pm- Adam Lippes (first time attending)

3:00pm- Vivienne Tam

5:00pm- Alexander Wang

6:00pm- Charlotte Ronson

8:00pm- Altuzarra

I’m a little tired today so I have opted to wear brown today.  I have on my Ralph Lauren ribbed turtleneck, Vera Wang chocolate duster, DKNY Flair legged brown trousers, Chocolate brown Carlos Santana Shoes, Jewelry that a friend brought back from Africa love this necklace and earring set,  leopard print GUESS Pocketbook from 4 seasons ago, Vintage Diane Von Furstenberg sunglasses they were my grandmothers!  She was very Fashion Forward, anyway enough of me and let me say getting out the door seemed like a major task for some unknown reason!

Waiting for the Richard Chai show to start and watching the people that are starting to filter in, I see a lot of great looks this morning.  Sitting on the side of me is a Nancy Philipmond from Vermont, who said she just attended the General Idea show and she would give him like 10 stilettos out of 10 for his runway show (thought that was a great grading system she had) LoL!!   Anyway, I guess the show is about to start because the lights have gone down!! Woohoo here we go!! I’m really looking forward to this show because this is the first time seeing anything by him so I’m somewhat excited!!  The first look comes out and okay not sure where he is going with this Love Collection, pleated maxi skirts, socks with low chunky heeled boots, layer upon layers.. Not sure exactly how I feel over this collection it could just be me but I have a mixed kind of review:

For me I have some highs and lows in this collection and I cannot totally say this is a very cohesive line for me. I like certain elements in the long skirt paired with the jackets and I like several of the jackets and pant sets but not going to say I’m in love with at this time.  I may need to sit and really review some of the photos more but, right at this point of running this article I’m sitting on the fence and also was hearing mixed reactions from those who also attend.  Here are a few more looks for your review:

Well, we’re off to our next show and hope that we aren’t confused over the direction and feeling of the collection.  Next up Adam Lippes!!

Lapazimageing Fashion Forward

Where everything is Fabulous!

Article by: S. LaRae- Style/Fashion Reporter

Photographer: A. Barlow for Lapazimageing Fashion Forward

This article is property of LaPaz Image/Event Consultants and copyrights of Lapazimageingfashion.blogspot.com ©2011. It is prohibited by law to copy, add or release this information without signed authorization of the so said company herein listed in this article under the laws of The United States and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Copyright Infringement Laws.

No comments:

Post a Comment