Friday, September 9, 2011

Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Day 1 (Designer Nicolas K.)

We are live from the Mercedes Benz Fashion Week, we are sloshing our way over to the venue, in the pouring ran and I so happy that I decided to wear my ankle boots this morning, thank goodness.  I know that you all are use to our Editor-in-Chief covering this event but, for the first time in the history of LaPaz Image/Event Consultants and Lapazimageing Fashion Forward, that she will not be attending MBFW.  We hope that we bring you the same excitement from all of the Runway shows and great looks. 

Here is our Schedule for today:

1st-Show: Designer Nicolas K.

2nd-Show: BCBGMaxAzria

3rd-Show Richard Chai

Final Show: Tadashi Shoji (This will be and early day ending at about 3:30pm EST)

Okay, cannot believe when we got here how unorganized they are again with the Credentials its amazing something this major they don’t have a better hand on this whole thing.  Anyway, I’m finally here taking my seat and getting myself ready for the First show for us during MBFW! Woohoo! This Designer is Nicolas K. which is Brothers Nicolas and Christopher King and they are slated to be bringing us something fresh and bold.  It looks like it’s show time because they are removing the plastic from the runway, OMG! my adrenalin is just pumping I love this moment, the lights go down the music comes up which by the way is rather cool!

Okay so, the look is a little edgy kind of California meets the bad girls of New York, I like this very pleased. The shorts are like a Bermuda short, basic little black T-Shirt but the top over it is like a basket weave and fringed it is hot I love it! You Have to see it!!

NK1  What do you think? Cute right, I thought it was then a few looks came out and it made feel kind of like made you kind of think of  Mad Max or The Terminator very dark and heavy.  The models are expressionless and they have on very dark glasses okay I’m over this look hoping the rest of the collection just isn’t like this:

NK3 Oh good this isn’t all that we are going to get from Nicolas K. we loving the Maxi dress, because it presents different this season the light chiffon flowing material is nice and the colors, like this its kind of Boho Chic, and very light and flirty.  As the Model walks down the runway the fabric is just blowing in the wind, I tell you its just pure grace! 

NK2

I didn’t care for the shoes with this particular look, I could see a wedge or a nice 5” sandal.  The Designer has stepped back in time like the 60’s, where ladies would wear their scarves on their head and just looked so chic, but something about this collection feels like Pirates of the Caribbean, it feels rather disjointed and not very cohesive. Then when we thought it was said and done, the guys came out and again I find myself a little disappointed because the guy’s looked kind Shabby and the paints where oddly cut in the crotch and they looked kind of unkempt.  I wanted to see more of a look that would step the men's fashions up a notch from this particular look.  I have to let you be the judge so I’m going to present you with Designer Nicolas K’s Collection!

I hope you enjoyed the coverage from our first runway show I’m off and running and up next is the amazing BCBGMaxAzria Runway Show!

 

Be apart of the Hottest Spot on the Internet

Lapazimageing Fashion Forward

Where everything is Fabulous!

Article By: Angel Wiserman- Jr. Style/Fashion Report for Lapazimagieng Fashion Forward

Photographer: D. Rogers for Lapazimageing Fashion Forward

This article is property of LaPaz Image/Event Consultants and copyrights of Lapazimageingfashion.blogspot.com ©2011. It is prohibited by law to copy, add or release this information without signed authorization of the so said company herein listed in this article under the laws of The United States and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Copyright Infringement Laws.

No comments:

Post a Comment