Friday, September 9, 2011

Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Day 1 (Richard Chai)

Urrgh!! This rain is crazy and doing a job on my hair today, glad I have the cutes little cap on by Kangol, Rocking black Nicole Miller Leggings/Black Nicole Miller swing top and literally my boyfriends jacket cinched to inch of my life with this hot studded belt I found at H&M and booties by Steve Madden really killing for such a ugly rainy day. Anyway while I’m sitting and waiting for the show to begin I thought that I’d give you a little back history on this designer.  Designer Richard Chai studied at the prestigious Parsons School of Design after graduating from Parsons he continued his studies abroad at the Lissa School in Paris. This young Designer has had the opportunity to work as an Assistant Designer at Armani Exchange plus several well respected Designers.  I think with that rich of a background it is inevitable that he would launch his own line, Richard Chai has been out on his own since 2004.

It must be almost time for the runway show to begin cause you see the floor being cleared and people getting to there seats quickly.  I’m ready to see what he will present us with this S/S 2012!  The lights are dimming and the music comes up and then the model appears, okay it looks like she has on a coral colored mini skirt over a pair of very sheer pants and a gray top, hmm I don’t think I was expecting this as a first look:

C1You see what I mean where you expecting this to come out? I’ll just have to keep watching to see how the collection builds.  I love the floral print dresses they have a small touch of being old fashion with a great modern spin on it, very nice touch. Oh, I’m really liking the men’s line and the pops of color for the guys.  He’s doing a little preppy look with giving that little twist so it isn’t just one dimensional. The layering of the is also cleverly done and the short are great cause they are like Bermuda shorts but kind of Skater boy:

C15 C2 C3 C12    

Loving it I think this is dead on with the men’s fashion but, as the female models keep coming out it something missing for me I mean don’t get me wrong it’s really a cute collection and has a little whimsy in there and the great color but, its not giving you that chill that makes you want to run out and buy this or take it straight from the runway.  You tell me what you think:

C17 C4 C5 C6 C7 C14

I don’t know if it was because the Designer made the female models look kind androgynous.  I say this because when One of the female models appeared I wasn’t really sure if it was a male or female, with they way Designer Richard Chai had there hair and look done for the runway show.  Like we always tell you Fashion has its own definition and some people my like this collection, other may be confused and then there are those who will just really dislike it either way its totally up to you:C17 C9 C10 C13

I can tell you this much this Designer is really cute and he looks so good in his own collection and you can tell he puts his total heart and soul into his collection.  I would like to introduce you to Designer Richard Chai:

C18

 

I hope you enjoyed our coverage of the Richard Chai runway show and we look forward to bring you more from the Mercedes Benz Fashion Week S/S 2012!  Be sure to like our Facebook page (https://t.co/6CVFYQR to see the rest of our coverage from this seasons and last seasons runway shows!

 

Be apart of the Hottest Spot on the Internet!

Lapazimageing Fashion Forward

Where everything is Fabulous!

Article By: Angel W.- Jr. Style/Fashion Reporter for LaPaz Image/Event Consultants

Photographer: Orlynn  Photographer for LaPaz Image/Event Consultants

Editor-in-Chief: Sonya LaRae

 

 

 

 

 

 

This article is property of LaPaz Image/Event Consultants and copyrights of Lapazimageingfashion.blogspot.com ©2011. It is prohibited by law to copy, add or release this information without signed authorization of the so said company herein listed in this article under the laws of The United States and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Copyright Infringement Laws.

No comments:

Post a Comment