Monday, January 24, 2011

SimonK Design Blowing our Mind!

I know that many of you may be getting ready for Fashion Week and we thought we would just wet your appetite just a bit more with this amazing Designer Simon Keyser of SimonK Design.  From the moment that we saw this Designers collection we knew we had to bring him to you all!  SimonK is a very forward thinking person and gives great detail to his collection.  You’re wondering what exactly does SimonK Design do well we aren’t going to tease you any longer we are going to first introduce you to Simon Keyser of SimonK Design:

 

LFF: Hello Simon tell me where are you from?

SK: Well I’m from Cape Town South Africa

LFF: Wow, that is really exciting (by the way our interview was 1:30pm EST and it was after 8pm in Cape Town South Africa) so tell me a little bit about yourself. Did you study Design or any kind of Textile courses?

SK: I really wanted to study architecture when I was going to school but ended up doing quantity surveying and did it for many years. Then I bought the business a few years ago and, I discovered a passion and talent for design; and then things grew from there. First, there was a lot of old designs we had when I bought the business but, I knew we needed to update our line.  I just knew for me I rather do something well or just not do it at all.  I want the quality to be superb and to make sure that our collection is one of luxury and not be ashamed of it.

LFF: I have to say that when we saw your handbags we loved them because they aren’t like anything like what we see or have seen.

SK: Well thank you very much, that is exactly what we are doing and wanting to bring attention to is the details:(We would like to give you a sneak peak at SimonK Design Handbags at this point. We think we have teased you enough!)

Okay, now lets get back to the interview don’t worry we have more photos that we are going to share with you!

LFF: We know that pocketbooks are no longer just to carry your things, they are more of a statement piece. With this being stated where do you pull your inspiration from for the collection?

SK: My inspiration is largely my wife but, the mind set behind the products is that it should be fun and easy to wear.  I want all woman to enjoy them and many times, when you look at Ostrich it can be somewhat formal but, with our bags we want them to be more fun, trendy and hip so, that all woman can enjoy them and we are celebrating the beauty of every woman with our designs and collections!

LFF: That is really a great philosophy behind the SimonK Design and very appealing.  How do you come up with the ideas and shapes of your handbags?

SK: Believe it or not many times they come to me in my sleep.  I don’t want to present something that looks like what I have already seen so I really take the time in drafting the creation and giving it like its own personality.

LFF: Do most of your materials come from Africa and how do you go about selecting them?

SK: We have a lot of raw materials here and about 30kilometers (which is about 19 miles) away, we have one of the best and just outstanding crocodile farms that we deal with and I’m very particular with whom I do business with and that it is legal. I really love working with crocodile and ostrich, they have such a uniqueness about them and none are the same.

LFF: I don’t know if it is the same for Designers of Handbags but, do you work a season ahead like with the Designers in Fashion?

SK: I tend to try and follow some of the trends but, not overly I really define things for myself and what I want and not to be a follower but, kind of being in front of the curve.

LFF: I don’t really see you as a follower from looking at your pocketbooks. How Long does it take from the idea to the conception?

SK: Sometimes its hard because there are small elements that aren’t right and each material has its own characteristics, but in general its not very long where some can take a month and other are just a few day. It depends on the different elements that I may want such as the curvature of the handbag.

LFF: Have you thought of having your own runway show, just showing your handbags?

SK: Funny, I have thought about it but, I would really like to collaborate with some other Designer that may not be producing handbags and add my bags onto their collection to finish off the looks!

LFF: Is that something you would be interested in doing even with and American Designer?

SK: Oh yes by all means!

LFF: Do you do a mass productions?

SK: No we do a small quantity because, I rather spend more time on the products this way they are well made and not inferior. I feel people deserve great quality products.

LFF: What is your price point?

SK: Well they can range from $300.00-$2,800.00 depending on what you are looking for.  I don’t make excuses for the prices because they are so well made and I have taken the time to really craft a bag that is uniquely itself.

LFF: What are some of your Fashion Goals for SimonK Design?

SK: Well first to be flexible, build a brand that is respected for its quality, originality and celebrated for being the best with outstanding products.

LFF: What advise would you give to someone who maybe thinking of starting their own Design business?

SK: I guess if you think its a glamorous job its not- its very hard working and you must be dedicated to it and always be humble and be prepared to take some falls but also don’t be afraid to ask questions or take advice.

LFF: Where can our reader purchase or find your products?

SK: They can find us at http://www.simonkdesigns.com

LFF: Simon I have to say this was really a great interview and I really enjoyed speaking with you and learning more about you and your company!

SK: Well thank you it was a real pleasure!

From the moment the interview started you could feel the positive energy that this Designer is bringing and he isn’t afraid to allow you to feel his kind and genuine spirit.  He celebrates his life by being dedicated to not just being a great Designer but also, being a wonderful husband and father to 3 children.  SimonK Design is one name that we feel is going to be around for a long time and we hope that you all fall in love with his collection and the spirit of the collection! SimonK Design is one name that we are grateful to have met.

This article is property of LaPaz Image/Event Consultants and copyrights of Lapazimageingfashion.blogspot.com © 2011. It is prohibited by law to copy, add or release this information without signed authorization of the company herein listed in this article under the laws of The United States and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Copyright Infringement Laws.

No comments:

Post a Comment